Saturday, August 6, 2011

Damien


A truly sad day for me… my first RA Favorite book with VAMPIRES!  Oh no, first bad teenage story and now vampires… I must have had a few bad interviews with RAs.  This one was a Harlequin Romance-type story (If you don’t know what the Harlequin romance novels were, Google ”Fabio”.  He used to pose for the covers.)  The book was Damien by Jacqueline Frank.  We had some really good friends over for dinner and Lisa said there are a few really good vampire stories, I guess this was not one of them!  The down and dirty of this read: The Prince Vampire, Damien, falls in love with the Princess of the Lycanthropes, Syreena, even though vampires and Lycanthropes don’t mix!  Syreena has a mix of three venoms in her and Damien needs blood, so he sucks on her neck for some time, and guess what… he falls for her, and she falls for him.  But what will Siena, Syreena’s sister, say about that, and what about Jasmine, Damien’s “vampire compadre” of the last 900 years?  There are some “R” rated moments in this one for sure.  I have no doubt a Monday night movie on Lifetime Channel is coming soon.  The author goes into great detail a few times about Damien’s muscular, well-toned hot body and Syreena’s tight hot body romping in the sack.  There is little to no plot in this one for sure (well between the bed scenes and the Lycanthropes vs. the vampires I guess you could say there was a plot…).  Between the almost death of Damien, “I need some blood,” and Syreena’s disappointing her entire family for going to the dark side, what do you expect?  Predictable, boring and not worth the $0.99 plus shipping to get this book on half.com.  How do they make money on these books… and YES, this is only the first in a series called the Nightwalkers!  Say it isn’t so!  Well, I can’t say I haven’t read a vampire book anymore… sadness for sure!  Skip the last two reads and I am truly hoping for a step up with my next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment