Monday, June 9, 2014

The Book Lover’s Companion: What to Read Next (Extra book)




Just finished reviewing The Book Lover’s Companion: What to Read Next by Lionel Shriver.  This was a thoughtful gift from one of my AnBryce scholars!  Ok, so nothing wrong with a list of must reads, BUT, the author admits in the foreword that they haven’t read them all!!! Say what!  How can you have a list of book recommendations when you haven’t read the books?  I have a problem with this.  The book highlights 98 books, 40 of which I have read (nice!).  I still am lost on how you make a recommendation on books you haven’t read.  The book gives a paragraph overview (can you say she must have been reviewing my blog!) and then suggested things to chat about should you be in a book club, a brief liked it/didn’t, background information, and suggested companion books.  Interesting format.  I promise you when I produce my favorite book recommendations, I’ll have read them.  Shame on you Lionel, you are an author too!  Quick read and adds top ten lists for men, women, mysteries, non-fiction, and fiction.  As my aunt would have said, great toilet sitting reading.  So if you visit our camp you’ll know where to find this book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment