Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A Man Called Ove (extra book)


Yes, I love how so many friends enjoy adding to my reading list based on the RA Favorite books.  This time a big thanks to Pat Connor, who actually gave me a book of a friend, (I wonder if Pat actually read this one?).  Nonetheless, since I was caught up with all of the RA Favs, I decided to read this one.  The book by Fredrik Backman, is titled A Man Called Ove that chronicles the life of Ove, beginning in his ‘golden’ age.  The story is much like the cartoon movie “Up” where an older lonely angry widowed male is confronted to face the kindness of neighbors, who introduce themselves by running into his mailbox.  Ove’s life story comes back in bits throughout the tale, where we learn how this orphaned child faces much adversity to become the person he is today.  It is a moving story and one that is worth reading.  You may even shed a tear or two.  It is worth picking up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment