Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blood Harvest (Extra book)




I think this one was suggested by Lisa Hall… she is such a great reader.  Well, LOOOVVVEEEDD it!  A fast-paced mystery thriller by S.J. Bolton called Blood Harvest.  I am not sure I want to disclose much so as not to ruin the story.  The plot is set in the fictional location of Heptonclough on the Yorkish Penniines, with the moors, the mist, and the people who have never left this place.  Enter a new family to the neighborhood, the Fletcher’s, with three young children living right in front of an old graveyard and guess what you have?  Stephen King, you have nothing on this one!  I could not put this one down as I was reading it during morning workouts at the gym, I would actually add another 10 minutes on the bike to get through the next chapter.  The characters are believable, intriguing, and the story doesn’t stop for a moment.  From the first page to the last, it moves.  I was somewhat surprised by the ending, (not the strongest part of the book), but it works.  This one will have you at the edge of your seat.  The author wasn’t afraid to offer real-life language and response to a book I thought would turn more into a 1950s response, it didn’t!  If you have the chance, pick this one up.  Sorry I’m not revealing more than this… want to whet your appetite.  Go and get this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment