Friday, November 26, 2010

The Art of Possibility


Hope all enjoyed the Thanksgiving festivities.  We had a good time eating and cooking.  I also had time to finish 1931 (a good year, huh?) out of 5300 runners in the Troy Turkey Trot!  Not bad.  A good day to recover and read The Art of Possibility by a husband and wife team, Benjamin and Rosamund Zander  (stream of consciousness… I had a kid named Zander on my LL team for a few years).  Back to the read… well some pretty nice nuggets on how to deal with others and think before acting, but overall disappointing.  This is a classic self-help book written by a conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra and his wife, Rosamund, who serves as a psychotherapist.  When I read the starfish story (if you don’t remember it, here you go: http://muttcats.com/starfish.htm) as a lead into a chapter, I know that I may have read the best part of the book already.  Very simplistic concepts that we should all employ.  Spend time talking to a wise old man or woman on a park bench and you’ve read this one…. Save the $3.00 and get a latte from Starbucks.  A pass….

No comments:

Post a Comment