Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek


You know I am not a big fan of short stories… well, I will say this read is VERY descriptive and paints beautiful pictures, heck I feel like I just left the new Walden Pond.  Surely the author, Annie Dillard, was very much affected by Thoreau in her book, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek.  The book was lauded as a great series of stories, which are connected by the scenery and experiences of the season changes at Tinker Creek, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Roanoke, Virginia.  I really want to visit them, for sure.  While I was lifted to the beauty and serenity of the location, not someone who is “brought” to a place when I am in the mood I was for this book.  Give me a Grisham book anytime over this type of read.   Sorry folks, unless you are at the beach where you are falling asleep all of the time or interrupted incessantly and it doesn’t matter, I’d leave this one for another day and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment